[SOLVED] emergency help pls, GPU cant display more than 60hz?

SlowPC333

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
Hello,
I got rid of my gpu and got a gtx 750ti from a friend for free.
I connected it to my monitor (Acer 144hz, 1440p, Freesync) via HDMI cable, but it doesnt let me choose a refreshrate higher than 60hz-
Any fix?

Solution
nope, it only has HDMI and 2 other ports, maybe they're called DVI or something
i dont think u can achieve more than 60Hz on that monitor with HDMI,i think u have to use displayport.Check the prices of HDMI to DisplayPort adapters.Thats your only bet,except ofcouse buying a modern gpu with DisplayPort.
Edit: DVI is 'weaker' than HDMI so no chance using that.
The hierarchy of video cables are:
VGA (the blue one with screws)>DVI-I or DVI-D (ussually white ones with screws)>HDMI>DisplayPort.
VGA being the 'worst',DVI can display better resolutions and clearer pictures.HDMI is the base standard for today and it can carry audio signal also and DisplayPort ofcourse being the best
nope, it only has HDMI and 2 other ports, maybe they're called DVI or something
i dont think u can achieve more than 60Hz on that monitor with HDMI,i think u have to use displayport.Check the prices of HDMI to DisplayPort adapters.Thats your only bet,except ofcouse buying a modern gpu with DisplayPort.
Edit: DVI is 'weaker' than HDMI so no chance using that.
The hierarchy of video cables are:
VGA (the blue one with screws)>DVI-I or DVI-D (ussually white ones with screws)>HDMI>DisplayPort.
VGA being the 'worst',DVI can display better resolutions and clearer pictures.HDMI is the base standard for today and it can carry audio signal also and DisplayPort ofcourse being the best

Last edited:
Solution
my previous gpu was rx 5700xt nitro+ and my current one is a gtx 750ti (oem)
I think i know what the problem is.
RX 5700XT u had probably had HDMI 2.0,which can support 144Hz at 1440p,the gtx 750Ti,being a much older card,cant support it since 144hz at 1440p wasnt available then.Your best chance is to buy a hdmi to displayport adapter and pray it can display 144hz 1440p.