[SOLVED] EMPTY HDD usage 100%

Jun 20, 2021
I have my windows on an SSD and my games on an 1TB HDD. for some reason out of the blue hdd is peaking 100% the second i use it. i FORMATTED it/defragged it and i tried transfering a movie to check the speed rate and usage and again iTs calculating 0/kbps + 4000ms. once it starts transferring it is looping either 0kb or just a few with huge MS.any ideas if there is a fix to save my hdd or do i have to replace it?

Solution
I have my windows on an SSD and my games on an 1TB HDD. for some reason out of the blue hdd is peaking 100% the second i use it. i FORMATTED it/defragged it and i tried transfering a movie to check the speed rate and usage and again iTs calculating 0/kbps + 4000ms. once it starts transferring it is looping either 0kb or just a few with huge MS.any ideas if there is a fix to save my hdd or do i have to replace it?
Reseat the sata cable both ends....test
Try a different sata port on the mobo....test
Replace the sata cable...test

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
How much RAM is in the computer?

If the RAM is too low, the computer will do something called paging. This is where it uses an area of the drive as extra RAM.

Essentially, your computer downloads more RAM and that RAM is the harddisk, so your computer will greatly slow down as well as having more disk usage, on the benefit of having more RAM.

Reseat the sata cable both ends....test
Try a different sata port on the mobo....test
Replace the sata cable...test

Solution