Question Emtec b250 don't work

Mar 22, 2019
Hello,
I bought an Emtec b250 64gb USB key 3 years ago, but it often stayed in a drawer because I did not use it. I came out yesterday, and I connected to my pc. First the key was not recognized ... after many minutes of investigation, I discovered that this key "saying 3.0" was only working in 2.0. then, when I went to the file explorer, it was not displayed. I finally discovered that it was only recognized as a 0-byte disk. I tried everything under windows and ubuntu, but I could not access it. in the end, I left this key connected to the pc for about 15 minutes, and when I came back, it was hot, but it was still recognized by windows. then I disconnected it and now it is no longer recognized, but still warm. before it stopped working, I still tried to use the software provided by the brand: "restore", but it was not recognized as key Emtec.
I do not know if you can help me, but anyway it does not matter if nobody gets there.
Thank you in advance and good day.

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to take the pen drive and plug it into a donor system to see if it works there. You might consequently want to see if you're on the latest BIOS update for your platform as well as the latest chipset/USB drivers on said platform.

popatim

Titan
Throw it out. Emtec has been the worst flash drives I've ever had. I refuse to buy another one ever again which is a shame because I really liked the character ones. I've had batman, joker, wonderwoman, vader, white storm trooper... all in the trash - junk.