Emulate keystrokes function.

I have 2 pc's (win xp and win98) for which I use one mouse and
keyboard.
The Belkin KVM switch enables me to do this by entering:
'Scroll lock' twice followed bythe 'arrow down' key to switch between
them.

I consantly flick between the 2 pc's - sometimes while holding the
phone - so I would like to simplify this.

My keyboard can have files assigned to the 'multimedia' buttons.

I am hoping there is a simple batch/script file I could make up on the
lines of:

File change_pc.sh

Begin
keystroke(ScrlLock,ScrlLock,down)
end;

and then assign change_pc.sh to say the 'refresh' key which I don't
use.

Naturally I would prefer not to buy dedicated software for this.

Any ideas?

Dave.

--
Dave Smith

Just a Q:

Didn't your switch come with toggle buttons on it or is it only hotkey capable?

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"Dave Smith" <Dave.Smith.1pe0bz@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message

> I have 2 pc's (win xp and win98) for which I use one mouse and
> keyboard.
> The Belkin KVM switch enables me to do this by entering:
> 'Scroll lock' twice followed bythe 'arrow down' key to switch between
> them.
>
> I consantly flick between the 2 pc's - sometimes while holding the
> phone - so I would like to simplify this.
>
> My keyboard can have files assigned to the 'multimedia' buttons.
>
> I am hoping there is a simple batch/script file I could make up on the
> lines of:
>
> File change_pc.sh
>
> Begin
> keystroke(ScrlLock,ScrlLock,down)
> end;
>
> and then assign change_pc.sh to say the 'refresh' key which I don't
> use.
>
> Naturally I would prefer not to buy dedicated software for this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dave.
>

> --
> Dave Smith

"Dave Smith" <Dave.Smith.1pe0bz@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message news:Dave.Smith.1pe0bz@news.win98banter.com...

> I have 2 pc's (win xp and win98) for which I use one mouse and
> keyboard.
> The Belkin KVM switch enables me to do this by entering:
> 'Scroll lock' twice followed bythe 'arrow down' key to switch between
> them.
>
> I consantly flick between the 2 pc's - sometimes while holding the
> phone - so I would like to simplify this.
>
> My keyboard can have files assigned to the 'multimedia' buttons.
>
> I am hoping there is a simple batch/script file I could make up on the
> lines of:
>
> File change_pc.sh
>
> Begin
> keystroke(ScrlLock,ScrlLock,down)
> end;
>
> and then assign change_pc.sh to say the 'refresh' key which I don't
> use.

Don't know if this will work, but you can try it. Save this as change_pc.vbs
and run it. (May require WSH 5.6?)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A8A18F6-249C-4A72-BFCF-FC6AF26DC390&displaylang=en

Set oWShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oWShell.Sendkeys("{SCROLLLOCK}{SCROLLLOCK}{DOWN}")

I didn't see the scroll light light up unless I put a time delay in it.

Set oWShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oWShell.Sendkeys("{SCROLLLOCK}")
WScript.Sleep(500) '# milliseconds (1/2 second)
oWShell.Sendkeys("{SCROLLLOCK}")
WScript.Sleep(500) '# milliseconds (1/2 second)
oWShell.Sendkeys("{DOWN}")

Dave Smith <Dave.Smith.1pe0bz@news.win98banter.com> wrote in

> I have 2 pc's (win xp and win98) for which I use one mouse and
> keyboard.
> The Belkin KVM switch enables me to do this by entering:
> 'Scroll lock' twice followed bythe 'arrow down' key to switch between
> them.
>
> I consantly flick between the 2 pc's - sometimes while holding the
> phone - so I would like to simplify this.
>
> My keyboard can have files assigned to the 'multimedia' buttons.
>
> I am hoping there is a simple batch/script file I could make up on the
> lines of:
>
> File change_pc.sh
>
> Begin
> keystroke(ScrlLock,ScrlLock,down)
> end;
>
> and then assign change_pc.sh to say the 'refresh' key which I don't
> use.
>
> Naturally I would prefer not to buy dedicated software for this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dave.

I don't think you can do it this way. AFAIK the KVM filters the
keystrokes, and toggles when the right combination passes. A keyboard
macro runs on the PC, and converts the keystrokes *after* it arrives in
the PC. So the KVM never sees the converted strokes.