[SOLVED] Enable clone, radeon display settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hustleking

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
I had 2 monitors hooked up (1 hd tv, 1 pc monitor) to my radeon rx 480 gaming x. Everything worked fine and I could have both monitors on extended or just have the display on one screen or the other. I was looking through "AMD Radeon settings" and I found "enable clone" under the display tab and clicked it. The display switched over to my TV only and will no longer display on my actual pc screen unless I unplug the HDMI cable connecting the tv entirely. If the tv is plugged in to my gpu then it will automatically shut off my pc monitor and switch the display to my tv and it will no longer allow me to extend the displays or have the display on my pc screen only, and it says that it does not detect another display. The only way I can get the display back to my pc monitor is to unplug the HDMI cable going to the tv and then it immediately switches the display back to the pc screen, even though it said there was no other display detected when they were both plugged in. If I press alt + P it brings up the options to switch displays or extend them but clicking them does nothing.

Specs:
asus 970 gaming\aura
fx 8350 black
radeon rx 480 gaming x
16gb kingston hyper x
hp s2031 wide lcd monitor (fully updated drivers)

hustleking

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
Ok, I seem to have figured it out. I went into the "eyefinity" tab inside the "amd radeon settings" and clicked quick setup, which turned on my pc screen and extended the display in a way that spread 1 desktop over both displays. Then I clicked advanced setup and told it to discard the eyefinity settings and everything went back to normal with windows detecting both displays and letting me switch between them. If anyone has a similar problem with the AMD settings and clone mode, try that.

Reactions: Minater247
Status
Not open for further replies.