[SOLVED] Enabling 4c/8t and OC Ryzen 5 2600

Nov 18, 2018
My setup R5 2600
Gigabyte 1070ti
Asrock B450m Pro4
8gb x 2 Avexir ddr4 2400mhz.
Corsair Cx650m.

As state above, I tried to oc my ryzen to 4.1ghz all core with various voltage setup from 1.25 up to 1.4v. All failed because high temp or exceeding voltage.
So i tried using Ryzen Master Game Mode, and successfully oc to 4.1ghz@1.3625v.
(RMGM only activate 3c/3t)

I would like to try enabling only 4core/8thread using Ryzen Master which I think is enough for my daily usage for gaming and light usage.

My question is, is it possible to activate only 4core, and the other 2core I will put under very low frequency( because i cannot disable it?). Is it healthy for processor for long term use? or somehow it will fried my processor because excessive power on core 5 & 6?

Picture below is just for example:
https://imgur.com/HaM9dVR

Solution
Disabling two cores for sustained operation won't have any harmful effects on your processor's life. Just make sure your processor temperature and voltage stay within limits and it will have a long happy life.

Nov 18, 2018
@drea.drechsler.. actually i cant disable the 2core..if u look at the link i provided, there is ccx core 1 and 2, each one of ccx hold 3c/6thread...my idea is just activate 1core only in CCX core2, while leave the other 2core at lowest speed 600mhz

The question is will all core running at 1.3625v ,including the lowest speed 600mhz, because the point i lower the clock speed is to reduce temp,power comsumption and get stable oc only on 4c/8t...

I hope you understand what i'm saying, i dont how to put a better explanation... thank you.

1.3625V is very mild and won't harm the processor whatever speed the cores are operating at.