Question Enabling GPIO on Raspberry Pi 4 ?

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
How do i access the Raspberry Pi GPIO on the laptop using SSH The raspi-config Tool ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your question is kind of unclear... It does not matter whether you're connected to RPi with USB keyboard and HDMI monitor, or over the SSH - shell prompt is one and the same. But if you wrote some script for RPi using a GUI, and is it that script which touches GPIO, you have to enable remote display, and connect using X-compatible client, like XMobaTerm.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
Today after trying to see which GPIO will work, i found it gpio22
I was amazed when tonight i started pressing the buttons on the Justboom remote. I have the Volumio player running in my browser. Pressing buttons on the remote, i noticed the volume was going up/down as i pressed them. So some of the buttons work and some don't.
From the IR remote configuration on Volumio, other them JustBoom IR Remote, does anyone have a remote that all buttons work like the xbox 1 and 360 ?

@1cherokee79, you're again jumping all over the place... Your initial question involved SSH. Now you're mentioning remotes, volumeio, and for some reason GPIO. We know you're excited with your new toy, but try to be logical in your questions and follow-ups.

What is the common base between your "JustBoom IR Remote" and GPIO?

For the record - I used Windows Media Center remote with USB IR receiver, and it worked nice with my then-Kodi setup.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
Here it is. The first time that i tried installing the IR sensor, I had to reinstall Volumio on my SmartiPi touch 2 player every time that i had to shut down the Pi 4 to select the right GPIO pin for the Single out on the IR Receiver.
I finally found the right GPIO pin, gpio22. I went to the volumio UI in the browser and select JustBoom for the remote profile. Scrolling down to the GPIO configuration, I selected gpio22 and restarted the player. I got lucking, by pressing some buttons on the Remote like volume and noticed on the player, the volume was working. There was a few more like Mute/Shuffle/Random and power buttons worked. Just the play/forward/back buttons don't work.
But, the next day, i turn on the player and that when the IR sensor didn't work, not even the volume on the remote. So one day it works but the next day, it doesn't.