[SOLVED] Enabling XMP stops my PC booting ?

Liam1306

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hi everyone,
I recently built a new pc and noticed that my RAM was not running at full speed. So I booted into the BIOS and enabled XMP as I thought this was the safest way to make my RAM run at correct speed. However after trying to reboot my computer I noticed that it wasn’t even booting to the BIOS so I had to clear the CMOS and start again.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? As I want my RAM to run at advertised speed.
Thanks in advance :)

Full PC Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450m Gaming
RAM: 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Power: Ace 750w power supply

Solution
You have a kit of OC RAM rated at 3600Mhz and your CPU officially supports 3200Mhz. Ryzen generally will scale well up to 3600Mhz but no guarantee and probably no extended memory profile XMP nor D.O.C.P

As such you will have to manually program your SPD Timings and voltage in Bios.
Details, timings and voltage can be got from CPUz in Windows.
You have a kit of OC RAM rated at 3600Mhz and your CPU officially supports 3200Mhz. Ryzen generally will scale well up to 3600Mhz but no guarantee and probably no extended memory profile XMP nor D.O.C.P

Solution

Liam1306

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021

Thank you so much this helped a lot! :)

Reactions: MeanMachine41