Question Encountered the same problem on PC with three PSUs ?

Feb 2, 2021
Hi tech experts, I landed on this site since i cant find any updated forums in this case. I looked at every thread related in this problem.

I have here a System Unit running in good condition for 2 years, and stopped 3 months ago.
Problem: cannot boot up with single press of power button.
Next day after shutting down the pc properly , pressing the power button cannot bootup the system (Usb ports have power)

Tried fixes:
reseat every accessories in mobo-cant solved
Change CMOS battery -failed
Change Psu (1)- solved
-PC boot up , played music , play games.,, I shutdown it after .
-on the next day i tried pressing the button, the problem returns
And pc wont boot up again.
-change to new PSU(2) and its booting up again. And on the next day, the problem returns.
Doing Paperclip test on 3 PSUs and all are working.

Any help from you guys will save me time and money and prevent me from buying new gear again. I dont want to buy new PSU again.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC.

Its not the PSU. No one is that unlucky, so its something else in PC that is cause.

i expect you would find you can rotate between all 3 PSU. try a different one each day and they would work.
I could guess its the motherboard

Do you power on using case button or have you tried just starting via motherboard? figure out where fault is.

Reactions: Revol012

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I tried back the other previous 2 PSU on same motherboard but it cant boot up anymore. I tried also just the motherboard+CPU+RAM for testing purposes on other new Psu and it will boot just like the other three, and after a day of rest(shutdown correctly), It wont boot up again. That's what i suspect too the motherboard suddenly fails after a long rest of no power) ,

Mod Edit: By the way, I ran into Asus b450 ryzen 5 8GB memory sticks and ssd 120gb, NO GPU or other accessories inserted.
What CPU are you using in this system?

Feb 2, 2021
I deleted my previous comment answer "with mod edit" that was for other site thread.
Here is the actual specs of Pc.

CpU: amd A6 6400
Psu: generic 750(same issue on 500 and 450W)
Ram 2x8gb kingston (tried also booting without ram and hdd -no effect)

I Tried all PSu mentioned and it booted up but After all day rest , it wont boot up, again. As i mentioned doing paperclip test on all PSU after experiencing problem an all are good.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited: