[SOLVED] Endless loop

Jun 19, 2021
Hey so I wanted to reset my pc completely and start out fresh so I created windows installation media to do that. I managed to wipe the drive and install a new version of windows onto it. However, a weird thing has been happening where a message has popped up saying “the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed...” you get it. I tried all of the strategies on this site but nothing has changed: https://windowsreport.com/computer-restarted-unexpectedly/?amp Please help!

Solution
did you manage to fix it?

Generally if i see errors in installs it can be caused by ram

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you manage to fix it?

Generally if i see errors in installs it can be caused by ram

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Solution