[SOLVED] Endless tweaking to get Windows 10 color/brightness/video/desktop to all look right

guitz

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
So I have Windows 10 pro, a Viotek GN34CB ultrawide, Radeon RX 570 video card. Between windows settings , the monitors settings and the video cards settings , I have probably tweaked for several hours total and still can't seem to get the brightness/color/video to display like I want...

I run the monitor at it's recommended native resolution of 3440 X 1440. The biggest problem is I can't seem to get the brightness and contrast to give the best results...like I may adjust those two settings on the display, video card and windows when I have a browser up, and get the whites of the browser background bright enough and the text nice and sharp that I'm happy with that but then when I fire up a video, the blacks are too black and darkened. So I back off the contrast but then the whiteness of the browser background looks dulled and doesn't pop . It's frustrating trying to get just the right combination.

One thing that is surprising, is Viotek apparently doesn't make a driver , when I called their support to ask how to get one they said to use the generic windows pnp driver. I really think that is contributing to the less than perfect results but is not all of it. Does anyone have a routine or suggestion with this particular monitor and video card settings?

Solution
u can calibrate colors for desktop and for video separately in radeon relive
under video settings should be what you looking for once u use custom profile