Enermax Liqtech 360 OC TR4 Review: Taming Threadripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
"As a single-socket design with a CPU larger than any consumer die to date"

You mean the largest heat-spreader, not the die. The dies inside of threadripper are the same 192 mm as the rest of Ryzen/Epyc - in a 4 die configuration where only 2 of the 4 dies are functional.

Apr 23, 2018
What a poor review by THW with only the lowest end Threadripper for testing..

Fortunately though I have 2 1950x configured with this 360mm AIO and the other a 240mm. The 360 runs at around 48C on full load and 240 at 51C. Thermal paste application has alot to do with TR4 temps and it looks like writer only put the standard grain rice amount. Check on youtube for the termal paste benchmarks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

An 'X' with small dots between is how paste was applied, although I'm not certain how 'grain of rice' was deduced without seeing the application since I don't recall writing about the TIM amount in detail.

It is great to see others having success with this cooler, also.

Apr 23, 2018
What's the difference between CPU Core and CPU PWM in the Temperatures over ambient graph? Also, does the temperature in the graphs exclude the ambient temperature e.g. if the ambient temperature is 25 degrees C then 51.4 is actually 76.4 degrees C?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Temperature over ambient accounts for ambient room temperature, so yes, the display shows the difference.

CPU core is reported core temperatures; PWM represents the motherboard's power delivery and voltage regulators which are cooled by the factory motherboard heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.