Enermax Releases New NAXM lineup of Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]The big advantage of these P/S units is supposed to be the cables, and they don't even have pictures of them included in the press release. *yawn*[/citation]

And what does 100% flat even mean?

[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]1 atom thick? Be careful installing them, might lose a finger, lol.[/citation]
Remember those IDE flat cables? They used to replace then with round cables for better airflow. Now they're going the other way?

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Remember those IDE flat cables? They used to replace then with round cables for better airflow. Now they're going the other way?[/citation]

LOL so true! I remember swapping out all my IDE's for round ones. I think the difference here is, remember how wide those IDE cable were, now flat cables are fairly narrow.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I fail to see how a flat cable is better for the air flow.
if the flat cable could be arranged flat against the case... sure. But if it just
takes it's random course thru the innards of the case it will create more problems
to the air flow that it solves.
Or am I missing something here ?

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Back in the day of flat IDE cables, the cases didn't have a space in the back to route cables through, or much of any place to lay a cable flat on. Today, good cases consider cable routing much better, and there could be benefit, I think, in the flat cables. Certainly the space behind the mainboard tray is tight on some cases, and I could see a flat cable being better in those situations.

Otherwise, I agree with the general consensus here, I think it's mostly fad.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]And what does 100% flat even mean?[/citation]
probably instead of haveing the cables balled up into cilindars, they welded them (the plastic) together to make them flat.

sure, if you have bad cable management, this would be a problem and obstruct airflow, but on the flipside, it makes the cables more manageable and flexable, getting them into harder to read areas.

it may just be me, but i see no real reason for such thick cables when im hooking up a harddrive, or a dvd drive...

is there a reason that those cables for those are so thick?

i mean gpu, i understand, motherboard, i understand, but harddrives or dvd drives... do they need to be so un bend ably thick?

Status
Not open for further replies.