Enermax Unveils CPU Liquid Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
Looks interesting and tempting but thermaltake water 2.0 does a better job compared foamy other top end air cooler. Check that out. Ill be replacing my CoolIt R120 soon since the unit attached to the CPU makes tons of noise.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]hellfire24[/nom]meh! almost all the closed loop coolers are too expensive!aircoolers FTW![/citation]

My preference as well, I OC to get more performance out of my computer for cheaper price. Buying expensive heatsinks are counterproductive to that when I can what I need for 1/4 of the price and have it perform almost as good, just a couple celcius difference in temps.

But I can see the use of these for some people, for some cases I think I would even use one depending on the case design I am using I can definately see the use. Plus it's me I always welcome new competition it usually does nothing but push people to make people competitive, so good for enermax for getting into this market.

G

I designed my office so my water cooled system (CPU, GPU, Chipset) would have the radiator in my server room. No heat in my room and no noise.

[citation][nom]javamann[/nom]I designed my office so my water cooled system (CPU, GPU, Chipset) would have the radiator in my server room. No heat in my room and no noise.[/citation]
I assume you're using "real" watercooling here? Not the closed loop crap.

G

Yes, because the all in one's don't use 'real water' for cooling...
Duh

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Another H50/100 rip off...sigh... :\[/citation]
Im going to tell you a secret. All closed water coolers are made by asatek. Corsair doesnt manufacture its products.

[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Im going to tell you a secret. All closed water coolers are made by asatek. Corsair doesnt manufacture its products.[/citation]
Some are made by CoolIT as well, not all of them are made by Asetek.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]Yep, Phanteks wins again!http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cool [...] ax-elc240/This thing is outperformed by the Phanteks PH TC14PE which is 12.4 Decibels quieter.[/citation]

And you'll have to keep reminding yourself of that every time you look at it.

Man, that Phanteks is ugly...

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]Some are made by CoolIT as well, not all of them are made by Asetek.[/citation]
Thats weird, i tought asatek had a patent for them. There was also some news article about asatek suing someone, might have been coolit over the closed loop system.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Another H50/100 rip off...sigh... :\[/citation]

It's not like Corsair invented this. They have just been more aggressive in entering new markets. Other companies are copying the business strategy (but the tech is certainly not theirs).

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]And you'll have to keep reminding yourself of that every time you look at it.Man, that Phanteks is ugly...[/citation]
and here i am judging computer hardware on price & performance... silly me

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hurray, another overpriced closed loop that gets outperformed by cheaper, quieter air coolers and laughed out of the room when compared to custom loops.

Make me a closed loop with a 4x180 rad (I've got a lot of heat to deal with), quick connect couplings for adding a GPU block or two and a pump powerful enough to drive it all and I'll buy it.

I don't care if it's $300 and doesn't include blocks, just make one worth buying. I'm tired of seeing the same H100 analog announced as if it brought something new to the arena.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Hurray, another overpriced closed loop that gets outperformed by cheaper, quieter air coolers and laughed out of the room when compared to custom loops.Make me a closed loop with a 4x180 rad (I've got a lot of heat to deal with), quick connect couplings for adding a GPU block or two and a pump powerful enough to drive it all and I'll buy it. I don't care if it's $300 and doesn't include blocks, just make one worth buying. I'm tired of seeing the same H100 analog announced as if it brought something new to the arena.[/citation]

it's called an aquarium, you can even house tropical fish in it for your amusement!

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]it's called an aquarium, you can even house tropical fish in it for your amusement![/citation]
oh i forgot to mention the fish are sold separately, and species will vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS