Enter to Win an AMD Llano-based CyberPower PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]alchemy69[/nom]Why people are bitching about the spec is quite beyond me. What part of 'free' was it that you didn't understand?[/citation]
It's not free - you still pay income tax on the stated value. For example if I were to win it, I'd have to pay 34% tax (25% federal and 9% California), so it'd cost me slightly more than $500. So since the winner would actually be paying, people are right to criticize the unbalanced build.

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
BUILDER FAIL!

How can you have 4 sticks of DDR3-1866 in a motherboard that only supports 2 at that speed?! If you want to use 4 sticks, you have to use DDR3-1600 or slower.

Either one of three things has happened:

A. This computer has never been built, and only exists on paper.
B. This computer has never been tested.
C. Nobody at CyberPowerPC knows WTF they're doing, and/or they didn't RTFM.

Take your pick. I know I wouldn't buy from them. If you want something good, make sure the builder validates the parts first.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Goro[/nom]I know, just silly. Attention to all that complain! PLEASE, do not enter the form gives us a bigger chance of wining. Right now any decent pc would be a dream.[/citation]

Do worry I didn't enter. And sometimes you get what you pay for....free....

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Maybe they used only the MSRP to rate the price. MSRP is almost always nearly double the end price. really cant picture that costing 1500.

stil a lucky dude getting a nice free gaming pc.

G

People complaining about the ATI 6670 are just not up to date with the specs of the new generation of AMD APU's(APU is a CPU with integrated GPU). The AMD APU ONLY CROSSFIRES WITH A GPU EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN A 6670 OTHERWISE THE APU WILL JUST DEFAULT ALLLLLLLLLL VIDEO TO THE DISCREET CARD YOU JUST PUT IN IF IT'S GREATER THAN A 6670 shutting it's own integrated GPU down. Cut them some slack. The fact that they built the computer this way shows that they understand more about building computers than the people who just ridiculed them. There are money other reasons in this MO/APU combo why you will have no problems with any gaming anything out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.