[SOLVED] Entire System Broken?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
Hello, recently yesterday and today I've been having some huge issues with my pc: one of my keyboards ceased to function, my pc now takes a couple of MINUTES to wake from sleep, all of my games are running very poorly, and the pc in general is acting extremely slow. The only change I made prior to this happening was replacing my 520W power supply with a new 750W one. So far, I've used Driver Booster to install 23 new drivers (didn't work), tried running many virus scans with RKill, Malwarebytes, and Windows Defender (didn't work), and also tried updating Windows (didn't work). I'm honestly just confounded and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs: RX580, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro EA750G, Asus Prime B450-M, 2 Monitors

Let me know if you need any more information.

Solution
Wow, there is a lot going on in here....

So, just to be sure I have a time line correct on this.
You have computer with 2200G and RX580 that starts to run poorly. I think you called it "the CPU bottlenecking the system".
Your solution is to add a 3700X.
You then determine over a several month period of time that (other) ongoing issues with your system led you to replace the power supply with one presumably with more current and now the system is crashing.

You mentioned WORK computer, like this is actually their physical machine?
You mention having a HDD as primary.

In theory, if you have the permissions you should be able to type "Optimize Disks" in the search window and have options to defrag/check for errors and so forth.

I...

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
I reinstalled Windows, and things seem to be fixed. I can't know for sure until I run some demanding games, which I will do tomorrow night. I'll make an update here about it at that time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So far, I've used Driver Booster to install 23 new drivers (didn't work)
I have never seen any computer that needs or has 23 old drivers on it and yet Driver Booster seems to find that many for all computers,... curious that. Shock tactics?

Don't use Driver Booster, it lies and puts wrong drivers on, its done it to me twice and I learned my lesson. Its only good point is it should make a restore point before installing drivers , so you can roll back to then.

if you want to know what drivers are on pc now,
download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

then just go through list and search driver names or versions. If you lucky it shows the creation date so you can sort in date order.
Don't have to do it now, its just an idea for future :)

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
I have never seen any computer that needs or has 23 old drivers on it and yet Driver Booster seems to find that many for all computers,... curious that. Shock tactics?

Don't use Driver Booster, it lies and puts wrong drivers on, its done it to me twice and I learned my lesson. Its only good point is it should make a restore point before installing drivers , so you can roll back to then.

if you want to know what drivers are on pc now,
download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

then just go through list and search driver names or versions. If you lucky it shows the creation date so you can sort in date order.
Don't have to do it now, its just an idea for future :)
I fresh installed Windows, so no more Driver Booster for me. Things seem to be fixed, however I cannot know for sure until I run some tests on demanding games later today.