Entry-level Acer Aspire E 14, E 15 Notebooks Coming June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menigmand

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
"Touchpad, which supports Windows 8.1 gestures"

This is probably the prime reason why people hate windows 8... they try to use the touchpad to control the mouse pointer, then all kinds of unwanted things happen because they inadvertently trigger gestures.

I'm surprised nobody at microsoft seems to understand how that frustrates non-tech savvy people to no end.

After I disabled all the gestures from my mother's win8 laptop, she gets along with it much better. And so do I actually..

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
"Touchpad, which supports Windows 8.1 gestures"

This is probably the prime reason why people hate windows 8... they try to use the touchpad to control the mouse pointer, then all kinds of unwanted things happen because they inadvertently trigger gestures.

I'm surprised nobody at microsoft seems to understand how that frustrates non-tech savvy people to no end.

After I disabled all the gestures from my mother's win8 laptop, she gets along with it much better. And so do I actually..

I hate them too. I disable them for customers because they often hit the App Switcher gesture when they get too close to the left edge. Even I do too, and I have a touchscreen 2-in-1 tablet/notebook, yet I still can't get used to it after using Windows 8 since RTM.

Just get a touchscreen, and disable the trackpad gestures. My customers all love the touchscreen laptops after they get used to using them. None of my customers have ever said to me "I hate having a touchscreen" after buying a system with one. I recommend them, they (often, but not always) get one, and they play around with it and find it helps a lot with ease of interaction with the computer. Most customers still use the mouse for a lot of stuff too though, but it's interesting to see how users can adapt and change their method of input and interaction so easily. Touchscreen users seem to become far more confident with their use of the computer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.