Epic Games Finally Working on a PC Exclusive Game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]wishfully thinking they are temporarily abandoning consoles in protest to the lack of any movement hardware wise.I still think they should just sell a standardised PC instead of a console, then there wouldn't be huge issues with this porting business.[/citation]

I totally agree. The current-gen consoles are totally at the end of their life span (arguably, past) and the next gen consoles won't be out for awhile. Epic has no choice but to turn back to PC, they are probably being hindered by the ancient hardware.

I kind of lost respect for Epic, but I'm stoked they are going back to their roots (for now).

zakaron

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Finally back to PC! There's so much potential I see. My instinct tells me this will be based on the FPS genre, but wouldn't it be cool to see some real classics brought back like Jazz the Jackrabbit for some beautiful platforming or resurrect their old pinball series for some fresh tables? Whatever the case, I'm curious what they've got cooking.

f-14

Distinguished
loved unreal, loved unreal tournament, i felt spoiled trying to play half life or quake afterwards which were too Sin based for my tastes to play them.
still play unreal tournament & 2003&4&5. i keep 2 systems running 98 and XP for those as well as others.

what i wish Epic would do is buy Yeti and advance that with Samartian graphics with a blended mecha/robotech/macross game!

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
it'll be a tech demo disguised as a pc game to attract developers so that they can license unreal engine 4 for next gen console. :p

xenos911

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2sWitPmp0&context=C4014c56ADvjVQa1PpcFMPkMbUOjdsyKpObFTcbVDhEjw5PNdufkY=

I predicted this a long time ago :)

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
PC excluisive nowadays means crappy fp2 garbage. It needs to be moddable and be able to play on LAN and run dedicated servers from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.