Epic Games 'Robo Recall' VR Game Picks Up Where 'Bullet Train' Began

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Got to ask has Toms become the VR zone because it seems 97% of the stories are about VR and almost nothing else. I get that VR is the new thing right now but it will pass just like so many other fads have that come before it. I think it will be replaced by much better tech in the next few years.

jj1979

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Doubt it, VR is still in it's infancy and we will be hearing much much more to come over the next few years. You might be holding out for holographic interfaces and space ships by the time the VR "fad" has faded :p

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
wow another VR game, keep it up tomshardware
i'll be laughing at every game developer pushing new games onto this tiny obscure market
we all know all these VR games will be comming to regular non-vr in the near future at super discount price !

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Techy1966 and Wifiburger, I disagree, but I respect your right to be wrong and then some day let me know that coverage we're devoting to the Oculus Developer Conference and VR content and hardware overall was worth it :) In all seriousness, though, we made a big bet on covering this stuff about 3 years ago, and I still think that's right, but we will see. Facebook/Oculus just put up another approx $350mill of funding for content development, and also worked to reduce the barrier of entry (even a $500 minimum spec machine) . . . writing a piece on this right now so feel free to ridicule me there too.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
FRITZEIV the intent was not to ridicule anyone I was just noticing that 4 out of 5 articles are VR related on this site these days. I have been coming to this site since the days of the slot 1 CPU when Mr Tom wrote an article about a Intel CPU and was scared of the backlash from Intel from what he had wrote in that article. Those were the pioneering days of web sites and pretty much no rules to be had or protection from upset companies if you wrote something they did not like about one of their products.

I still like Toms Hardware even today but VR everything every day seems like way to much coverage of a tech that is about 1% of the market if that. You should set up a VR day each week and fill that days coverage with VR content and the rest of the week with everything else probably friday as it is the end of the work week and also the end of any type of worthy news coverage until Monday comes along again. Just my thoughts on it all.

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Thanks for the input TECHY1966. I truly appreciate it. We have been a bit games and VR heavy, and especially now since the Oculus VR conference is happening at the moment. Also, so many games are being released, and we're at a bit of a standstill on news around the typical hardware fare. Did you see our coverage of the Intel endurance rating? We revealed this, and we've covered it, and Intel has responded by increasing it; further, we're testing it to show what happens. So we are still living by the mission of trying to uncover the truth, and testing things until they break. I hope that doesn't get lost in the shuffle, but we'll strive to ensure it doesn't.

Zapin

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Hopefully Revive will have an answer to the Touch controllers. It would be nice to see some real VR titles in the Oculus store for a change. The sit down Xbox controller titles feel pretty lacking to a Vive owner like myself. I will admit that Chronos was pretty good though.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
FRITEIV Yes I seen the Intel endurance Rating and am very interested how that turns out when the tests are done. I just got a standard Samsung 1TB EVO 850 PRO SSD for my gaming system and like it very much I know it is only Sata but for me it is good enough and very fast for what it is used for. SO the tests you are doing on the Intel drives should hopefully show what to expect from SSD drives as a whole as in what happens when they reach the manufacturers end of life rating. Will the drive work after that or just fail I know you stated Intel 600 drives lock at that point not sure if the Samsung drives lock or not but it would be good to know if the Samsung drives can make it to the rating they put on their drives and if the SSD drives they make will go farther before failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS