Epic Is Shutting Down 'Paragon'

Status
Not open for further replies.

psiulove2007

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
Regrettably.
Now it is to expect a good company to continue this excellent MoBa
The Wegame company (China) together with Tencent are planning to formalize. This is announcing the game in closed beta phase.

http://ep.qq.com/cp/a20180110zs/index.htm
https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/7u0ftq/tencent_has_released_about_50000_more_invites_to/

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Someone please find a way to keep paragon alive. I mean seriously like grab it and upload it to the web. They should keep it, i dont see why they would destroy such a great game. I enjoy playing it. It may have been late but its truly unique for what it is. I think epic games needs to keep it. I love it.

behroozdiablo

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Well I have to say as a person who MOBA is probably the only genre I play and I have played so many different one, there were a lot of development mistakes and wrong planning for the game I have played paragon nearly from the start and one of the problems was huge releases which kinda made the game unplayable for casual players and players who invested time to learn the mechanics, suddenly after each update they(I) felt like they had to learn a new game with completely new system which is a no-no if you are trying to build a player base it sucked that after each update I had to play 40-50 matches to just make sense of the new system and get use to it, and I would say last update with introduction of card system that was the last shot in the foot. I personally left the game since I didn't want to learn the game all over again it's a commitment and people get disappointed after first or second one. But anyway good luck epic. I feel like epic is never going to be the same company after they left MS partnership and Clif left.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I've always felt that Paragon was some sort of Unreal Engine developer tutorial that went too far and turned into a game. Epic didn't seem to know what to do with it. Nobody at the company provided the vision and content necessary for it to move forward. It just stagnated. I'm surprised it's been around as long as it has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.