Epic's Gorgeous Unreal Engine 4 'Elemental' Demo Video

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]Three 580s don't scale particularly well, plus the reduced amount of memory is going to present an issue if you're sporting the 1.5GB editions.[/citation]

And you know for a fact that the demo used weren't well profiled and suitable for tri 580 sli? A few titles scale near +180% gains in tri sli vs one card. Although it can generally be considered a total waste to have tri-sli compared to dual-sli but the occasions when it have a proper profile and the software is suitable the gains can be amazing but also very disappointing where a tri(quad) setup can even be beat by a dual sli setup. Had a quad setup once and it was between the nicest and the worst piece of love/hate i ever had (even beat my wife at the time - go figure!).

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I don't know, however NVIDIA were trying to explain that the demo is a memory guzzler, and that by way of not using FXAA, the 580 was at a notable disadvantage, though performance is more likely the issue here than memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.