Epson L210 red light blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

highskylight

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
I just refilled the ink in the Epson L210 printer, and all went well (I use original Epson ink), then i printed about 30 sheets. Now I keep receiving this notice that i must refill and reset the ink level. And the red light keeps blinking... Any ideas?

Solution
A red light blinking indicates that you have run out of ink or the ink cartridge is not recognized. If your 30 pages were full of text or pictures, you may have run out of ink. You can try removing the cartridge and shaking it to resettle the ink towards the bottom, or you can replace the cartridge. Occasionally you can just run across a bad cartridge.

The solution is to remove the cartridge, give it a shake, and put it back in. See if that fixes the problem.

P1nnacle

Distinguished
A red light blinking indicates that you have run out of ink or the ink cartridge is not recognized. If your 30 pages were full of text or pictures, you may have run out of ink. You can try removing the cartridge and shaking it to resettle the ink towards the bottom, or you can replace the cartridge. Occasionally you can just run across a bad cartridge.

The solution is to remove the cartridge, give it a shake, and put it back in. See if that fixes the problem.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Out of ink, bad cart, or upon a refill, the cart still says it has printed xxx pages and needs to be reset somehow.
Some companies record the number of prints for a particular cart, and simple refilling does not change the 'number'.
"After printing 100 pages, tell the user I am empty, no matter how much ink is actually left, or if the user refilled"

owino

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
When I turn my printer on, the red light keeps on blinking and I cannot copy or print. The ink tank has ink. I have tried scanning, the scanner is working but the red light is still blinking. Any idea of what I can do?

Leo Giann

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
The epson L210 (and all the L series) calculating the ink level, by counting the printed pages. The printer has programmed to recognize a full tank as about 4000 pages. When the count goes upper than 3500 or 3600 pages (I am not sure for the exactly number because I am a user too, no an technician), the printer start to warning you that the ink level is low by blinking continually the ink (orange light)…. When the count reach the 4000 pages the ink light go on permanently and the printer stop to work and it doesn’t print anymore.
All the above is the protecting system of the printer and that is not mean that the machine is broke.
The printer can not recognize if someone put more ink in the tank. For this reason if someone refill the tank before the printer ask it (by blinking permanently the ink light), the machine continues to “think” that the ink level is low so it start the warnings.
Anyway if someone has refill the tank, before the printer ask it, and suddenly after few printed pages the print stop work and the ink light is on permanently, then just unhook the tanks of the printer just like as you will do when you want to refill the ink tanks. There is somewhere in the hooks a switch that help the printer to understand when the tanks is on the machine or not.
So if the ink light is permanently on and you unhook the tanks, the printer thinks that you filling up the ink tank and it removes the warning of the light and the printer start work again.

IT WORKS ONLY IF THE INK LIGHT IS PERMANENTLY ON and no when it blinking. Because the printer needs to make a reset on his page counting and that can be happen right only if the light is on.

fedelk

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
press and hold resume/stop button for 5 seconds then release the button, hold and press resume/stop button again for about 3 seconds then release the button and finally press again resume/stop button just once then restart the printer. after restart the printer it should be normal again. sorry for bad english.

Roque Andrews

Reputable
May 6, 2014

Thank you sooooo much! I tried the other suggestions and this is the only thing that worked!!! It restarted on the second step, by the way. That is after pressing the button for 3 seconds. Thanks!!!

surfingblues2001

Reputable
May 25, 2014

hello fedelk...

please can i nw hot to know the number of prints i have given in epson l210 printer.. i mean which button i have to press to take all the information n for how long... hope to hear from u soon

dswiggum

Reputable
May 25, 2014

fedelk has the right answer. Worked the first time I tried it. THANKS!!!

junicxs

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
can you explain it to me further... i followed the steps you mentioned but it didnt work on my printer? did i do it wrong or something i missed along the way? please help me... the ink light keeps flashing although i already refilled my ink tank.. what should i do now?

nhols85

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014

This also works for mine...thanks a lot.

bongmurdoc16

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

Thanks this Help a lot ^_^ your my hero

jorrperr

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014

where's the resume/stop button?

sureiwilll

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014

The fourth button in the printer, triangle inside the circle is the Resume/Stop Button.

virdom

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
fedelk said:
press and hold resume/stop button for 5 seconds then release the button, hold and press resume/stop button again for about 3 seconds then release the button and finally press again resume/stop button just once then restart the printer. after restart the printer it should be normal again. sorry for bad english.

Thank you so much sir.. it really works.....

ymollel

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014

please sir. I see you are very familliar with epson printers.. My question is that ... when should I use the ink codes? that are on the original ink bottles like that I bought the printer with? I am using L210 on windows and it worked fine without puting the code anywhere

Ashishgupta

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014

Just check if the lock position of Ink tank is in locked position or not. Also you can try to press the button above blinking light after locking the ink tank. I had same issue and it got solved only after locking the ink tank and pressing the button . Hope this helps.

Lanie Bee

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Thank you so Much :)

JmarkAlcayde

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015

Thankyou so much . it really works . . . :*

Harold Vergara

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015

YOU ARE GENIUS BROTHER!!!!