Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs

Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?. I
dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional text
printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim is
to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the least
cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables?
I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may get
blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to their
branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon as i
like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240 printer
which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader as
picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this down
to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice would be
greately appreciated!.

Confused

The IP3000 uses the same old ink that Canon has used for a long time, it's
cheap, widely available and very easy to refill. Print quality is excellent,
and it's also a full duplexing printer which is cool. 2 paper feeds, and a
very nice driver.
There are reports of print head failures, but I've not had any issues with
it. It's an amazingly good value.

"PJHarvey98" <pjharvey98@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?.
> dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional
text
> printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim
is
> to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the
least
> cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables?
> I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may
get
> blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to
their
> branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon
as i
> like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240
printer
> which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader
as
> picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this
down
> to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice
would be
> greately appreciated!.
>
> Confused

First of All, Epson is cheap but epson cartridges are not.

Try this.

http://www.InkRepublic.com
http://www.inkrepublic.com/VideoClips.asp

With bulk ink system, I am sure Epson is so much better.

On 14 Dec 2004 15:04:37 -0800, trendysystem@gmail.com wrote:

>First of All, Epson is cheap but epson cartridges are not.
>
>Try this.
>
>http://www.InkRepublic.com
>http://www.inkrepublic.com/VideoClips.asp
>
>With bulk ink system, I am sure Epson is so much better.

But the Canon print heads do not last

Get the cheap Jettec ink tanks

http://www.jettec.co.uk/

30% more ink.

Plus made in the UK..

>PJHarvey98 wrote:
>> Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for
>money?. I
>> dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the
>occasional text
>> printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's.
>My aim is
>> to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at
>the least
>> cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables?
>> I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you
>may get
>> blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick
>to their
>> branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the
>canon as i
>> like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240
>printer
>> which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card
>reader as
>> picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is
>this down
>> to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice
>would be
>> greately appreciated!.
>>
>> Confused

In article William Bell says...
> Get the cheap Jettec ink tanks
>
> http://www.jettec.co.uk/
>

> 30% more ink.
>
> Plus made in the UK..

Have you actually bought any yet or do you just advertise?