Question Epson scanner changes color negative scan to a green tint when Verifying using Epson Twain ?

Dec 24, 2022
I tried a Twain forum but could not get an answer. If this is the wrong place, please direct me to a good forum.

I have an Epson 1640SU scanner that I use for scanning all types of slides and negatives (color and B&W).

The only item I have any trouble with is scanning color negatives. When the scan is complete, the result looks good. However, as soon as I select "Close" in TWAIN the scanned negative displays as darker with a strong green tint. This is displayed on the TWAIN window that is asking for Finish Verification.

I have tried numerous settings which only alter the original scan and I have tried to find a solution on various forums with no luck.

I am using a Windows XP PC.

Please help.

Dec 24, 2022
Thanks for answering.

Preview and Scan both result in a proper display of the photo - the color is good.

Then I select Close. The Verification window is displayed. The photo at that point has developed the green tint. When the photo is saved, it retains the green tint.

TRENDING THREADS