Epson v850 Pro software not detecting scanner

Veron28

Reputable
May 13, 2015
[moved to "Computer Peripherals"]

I have recently been getting an error where the scanner is undetectable by both the manufacture's scanning software as well as another scanning program I have installed (SilverFast.)
Now what is rather odd about this besides the fact this set up was working flawlessly less than a month ago, the device manager correctly shows its connected state as well as listing it under the right device category. I am honestly at my wits end, I have tried uninstalling the software and drivers with no change to the outcome. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Veron28

Reputable
May 13, 2015

I was trying to use the scanner on the last computer it had functioned correctly on, but it is a windows 10 laptop so there is a decent chance that an update caused some sort of compatibility issue, I'll give it a try on one of our windows 7 machines and see if I see any improvement. As far as the usb cable goes, I can't really swap it out since it is the only usb male A to male B cable we have. Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the assumption that since the device manager was correctly showing the device as connected and was correctly listing it under the imaging device category that it would mean the fault may not lie with the usb cable but instead be a driver or software issue. Then again, I am not an expert in this field so I could be misinterpreting what I am seeing