[SOLVED] Epson WF 7610 Error 0x9A - even after Replacing print head and control board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2020
Hey guys,
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I have an Epson WF 7610 printer. I bought it on FB and got a few bad prints out of it. Found refillable ink inside, which is fine, but last owner prob didnt clean it before switching types. Tried cleaning the print head and then got error 0x9A.

I think I may have gotten it too wet and not waited long enough before reassembling. Figure my bad, and order a brand new print head off eBay.

Assembled it with new print head and still got the 0x9A error. ugh.

Found a few posts on here with people having similar problems. Seemed that I probably fried the board (or broke a fuse I cant find)

Ordered a used control panel. Plugged it all up and it powers up ok, but I'm still getting Error 0x9A

Now what? I have ink, a new print head, and a new control board for this printer so I'd really like to get it to work, but I'm not sure what else to try.

Last thought was maybe its the ribbon cables? Cheap used ones on eBay might be worth trying.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm happy to post pics or w.e. yall might need to help me diagnose it. Thanks!

-Desmond

Solution
0x9A: Circuit error (include blowout of a fuse)
its a mainboard failure

fuse on mainboard is small SMD fuse, its labeled as F1 on board
marked red on picture, picture also shows mainboard
ia8jM9T.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.