[SOLVED] Epson XP-440 Software Updater: Disable Automatic Updates ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2022
This is my first post, so I hope that I'm following the rules. I recently upgraded from a 2013 all-in-one desktop running Win 8.1 to a 2015 gaming PC refurbished and gifted to me by my brother. I've spent the last month and two days customizing everything so that I have as much privacy as possible, while running apps and components the way that I prefer.

I've always studiously avoided automatic updates for anything, so as to maintain maximum agency control over my choices. Today, in reinstalling my printer software and drivers, I accidentally allowed automatic updates. No matter what I do, I can't revert to the setting where Epson Software Updater "notifies me that updates are available, but lets me choose whether to download them".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Do you have a backup that will allow you to roll back to before you reinstalled the printer driver and updates? Image or clone?

Maybe try reinstalling older Epson software and drivers then reinstall the newer versions again to update but also turn off automatic updates at that time.

= = = =

As should always be done be sure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the current 2015 gaming PC.

Very good chance that you will run afoul of hardware and software that is no longer supported.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have a backup that will allow you to roll back to before you reinstalled the printer driver and updates? Image or clone?

Maybe try reinstalling older Epson software and drivers then reinstall the newer versions again to update but also turn off automatic updates at that time.

= = = =

As should always be done be sure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the current 2015 gaming PC.

Very good chance that you will run afoul of hardware and software that is no longer supported.

Solution
Jul 6, 2022
Hello @Ralston18,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your helpfulness.

As it turns out, I was able to reach Epson Tech Support (very difficult to do, as many corporations try to avoid connecting customers to a human whenever possible). I am a night person and in US Eastern Time. Epson's Tech Support is geared toward morning people on Pacific time. The agent was kind enough to verify my identity and the details of my issue, and when her shift was ending, she sent me a link where I could download the files necessary to correct the issue on my own.

I then followed the instructions in her email and resolved the issue.

So....you can consider this thread resolved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.