[SOLVED] Erase/ Wipe Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Hi all.

I was over in Storage Tutorials & How-To's, and I saw a tutorial on how to Wipe a Hard Drive Securely (https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-securely-wipe-and-format-a-harddisk-ssd.1578945/). It involves using a program called Parted Magic. However, that seems to involve using a bootable USB drive, etc.

Here's what I'd like to do, and maybe someone has a different suggestion:

The hard drive I'd like to wipe/ erase is not inside my current desktop computer; this is a hard drive that I removed from a laptop, and that which I'd like to wipe the contents/ data entirely.

I have one of those hard drive docking stations. You plug it into some AC power, insert a hard drive into the slot, and then connect this docking station to your computer via a USB cable. If a person wanted, you could copy files/ folders over from this drive in the station over to your computer. However, I'd like to delete/ erase/ wipe everything on this drive.

Anyone know the best, most efficient way to do it? I suppose I could just Select All in this drive's "C" drive, then choose Delete, but, just wondering if there's a better, streamlined way to do it.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions;
Pez

Status
Not open for further replies.