Question Error 0x00000101 - Collecting data for crash dump

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Hi,

I constantly get this message on my old computer > Error 0x00000101 - Collecting data for crash dump
It has no time to appear. It just happens one or two times per day, even more... I thought that it could be the overclocking but due to a lot of these messages until the point that I needed 10 or 12 times restart, I did a reset to my motherboard. So, I lost the overclocking which is no problem because I have another computer, a new one. But... the error still happens...

Any solution?

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021

I also got this information while searching and the system was already like you said. Do I need to send or show you some files?

This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
Unfortunately, we cannot analyze *101 bug checks without a Kernel dump as Minidumps do not contain enough information based on what happened at the time of the crash in these situations. Given you BSOD in safe mode however, this is absolutely a hardware issue. Most *101's are a faulty processor.
What I am going to recommend for now is having the system set to create Kernel dumps. Once it crashes, the Kernel dump will be generated in C:\Windows as opposed to C:\Windows\Minidump and it'll be named MEMORY.DMP
It WILL be large in size since it contains a large amount of info. You can upload this wherever you wish.. RapidShare again if you can, Skydrive, etc.
Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Failure > change from Small to Kernel.