Question Error 0x80070002 / Code 39 / Windows cannot find specified file

Feb 10, 2020
So yesterday I started a game as usual, noticed FPS randomly dropped to 6 FPS, this goes for pretty much every game I try to run, did some looking around and saw both my Display Adapters weren't running, error in device manager for both of them were

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
{Path Not Found}
The path %hs does not exist."

(Specifically, they're intel(r) uhd graphics 630 and nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti, if it matters)

Checked windows update, they both have updates to install, so tried that first, there were a lot of updates and every single one of them were "Error 0x80070002"
(Didn't work at first, already ran a SFC /scannow and DISM restorehealth thing to repair)

Tested with an optional windows update and that installed properly for some reason, this could be a hint but I have no clue

Troubleshoot Windows update doesn't do anything.

Next I tried updating from device manager, searching automatically, it downloads the file, gets to installing, and after a short while, it just says that it found drivers but encountered an error while trying to install, "The system cannot find the specified file"

Tried device manager update again, this time "browse my computer". picked from a list of available drivers, the driver was there, I picked it, it tried to install again, and gave the same "cant find specified file" error as above.

I have no idea wtf is going on, it literally sees the driver and lets me pick it but it says it can't find it.

Next I tried Nvidia Experience / Intel Driver and Support Assistant for automatic updates, Nvidia Experience couldn't even detect that I have compatible hardware, and while the Intel Driver did detect and give the option to download the driver update, and it seemed like it worked, but after the restart, the assistant kept saying it still needed to be updated, and it didn't fix anything in device manager anyway.

Next I tried restoring to 2 days before error happened, when I first started the computer and opened device manager it said they were operating normally, actually trying to run any game "broke" both of them again, likely just didn't get updated til they were used. I then retried all the steps above, no effect.

I'm out of ideas, this happened randomly too, not after an update or anything. If anyone has any ideas / suggestions please tell me. Tell me if you need any more info as well, I don't think other specifics should matter though?