Question Error 0xc000000f after new GPU install.

JimmyYeetsWorld

Prominent
Nov 19, 2021
Issue started after I installed my new Radeon RX6600 gpu swapping out my Nvidia 1050ti.

What happens is when I install the drivers (either through windows, or manually from the website [recommended and newest driver]) the PC crashes during installing driver. Then after swapping between no signal and the logo for my MoBo twice it switches to windows recovery screen with the error 0xc000000f. Ive exhausted everything I can think of but here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling windows
  • sfc /scannow in safe mode, but returns no issues.
  • Going to only 2 Ram sticks, and SSD with OS connected. Worked once but after a restart gave same error.
  • Replacing GPU with the seller.
  • Updated OS with the latest patch for Win 10. I switched to WIN 11 and updated fully but no change.
  • Reseating all components.
  • Switched the Pcie slot to another one on the board.
  • Tried another power connector.
Specs:

Reposting with additional details and what I've tried so far.

Note: I can sweitch back to my 1050TI, and after installing drivers it works without any issue.

Last edited:
Issue started after I installed my new Radeon RX6600 gpu swapping out my Nvidia 1050ti.

What happens is when I install the drivers (either through windows, or manually from the website [recommended and newest driver]) the PC crashes during installing driver. Then after swapping between no signal and the logo for my MoBo twice it switches to windows recovery screen with the error 0xc000000f. Ive exhausted everything I can think of but here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling windows
  • sfc /scannow in safe mode, but returns no issues.
  • Going to only 2 Ram sticks, and SSD with OS connected. Worked once but after a restart gave same error.
  • Replacing GPU with the seller.
  • Updated OS with the latest patch for Win 10. I switched to WIN 11 and updated fully but no change.
  • Reseating all components.
  • Switched the Pcie slot to another one on the board.
  • Tried another power connector.
Specs:

Reposting with additional details and what I've tried so far.

Note: I can sweitch back to my 1050TI, and after installing drivers it works without any issue.
Have you used ddu in safe mode, after this install the drivers from Radeon website not the recommend drivers but the drivers before the recommended drivers.

JimmyYeetsWorld

Prominent
Nov 19, 2021
Have you used ddu in safe mode, after this install the drivers from Radeon website not the recommended drivers but the drivers before the recommended drivers.
I tried DDU and reinstalled the oldest driver for AMD, no luck.

My process was to DDU in safe mode. Then, after it boots up (boots into a regular mode when the driver is rolled back or DDU sets to windows defaults) I tried installing AMD driver with FULL Install (The oldest version available on the website, the "stable" version), Full Install w/ Factory reset, and driver only with no luck. About 75% of the way through installing driver, windows shuts down then after trying to reboot goes to the windows recovery page.

I tried DDU and reinstalled the oldest driver for AMD, no luck.

My process was to DDU in safe mode. Then, after it boots up (boots into a regular mode when the driver is rolled back or DDU sets to windows defaults) I tried installing AMD driver with FULL Install (The oldest version available on the website, the "stable" version), Full Install w/ Factory reset, and driver only with no luck. About 75% of the way through installing driver, windows shuts down then after trying to reboot goes to the windows recovery page.
it's starting to sound like the hdd/ssd you are trying to install the drivers to are rejectiong them..... if you have several storage devices have you tried to install the drivers to a different hdd/ssd if this works there is a issue with you r os drive which is where the driver trys to default install to. i would recommend replacing it, if this doesn't work my only other thought would be your running your system in legacy which the newer gpus don't accept you need you set the bios to uefi and reinstall windows again in uefi mode