[SOLVED] error 1603 on 6700 xt

Cybertronian109

Commendable
Mar 14, 2019
hy I just bought a 6700 xt brand new founders edition before it I had many gpu's like r9 290,rx 580,gtx 980 etc and I not clean the graphics driver before installing a new one so when I put the gpu it automatically pick up the drivers but in the gpu-z it wasn't showing complete specs and the driver was old I tried to update the driver but got error 1603 then again got same issue I used DDU to clean the drivers but same issue ... can't control the fan speed through msi afterburner and gpu is showing 500mhz clock but in the game it 's running at 1900/2000mhz (means at full potential) ... now after clean installing it can't install the driver but when i restarted it picked up the driver but didn't installed radeon software

Solution
hy I just bought a 6700 xt brand new founders edition before it I had many gpu's like r9 290,rx 580,gtx 980 etc and I not clean the graphics driver before installing a new one so when I put the gpu it automatically pick up the drivers but in the gpu-z it wasn't showing complete specs and the driver was old I tried to update the driver but got error 1603 then again got same issue I used DDU to clean the drivers but same issue ... can't control the fan speed through msi afterburner and gpu is showing 500mhz clock but in the game it 's running at 1900/2000mhz (means at full potential) ... now after clean installing it can't install the driver but when i restarted it picked up the driver but didn't installed radeon software
I would...

CapsLuke

Honorable
Jan 7, 2017
I would first enter safe mode, cleand drivers with DDU, unplug ethernet cable/disable wifi, boot back in normal mode, install latest radeon software. If you still encounter crashes go into your motherboard's BIOS, and change the PCIe X16 interface to gen 3 (instead of 4/auto).
also make sure you don't have any leftover of some previous drivers (eg. nvidia drivers of an older card), if so, delete them.
update windows to the latest version.

Solution

Cybertronian109

Commendable
Mar 14, 2019
I would first enter safe mode, cleand drivers with DDU, unplug ethernet cable/disable wifi, boot back in normal mode, install latest radeon software. If you still encounter crashes go into your motherboard's BIOS, and change the PCIe X16 interface to gen 3 (instead of 4/auto).
also make sure you don't have any leftover of some previous drivers (eg. nvidia drivers of an older card), if so, delete them.
update windows to the latest version.
I checked and it's already running on pcie 3.0 ...

TRENDING THREADS