Question "Error 1935" while installing Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 and 2008 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2022
Hi, I need help with the error 1935. Whenever I try to install visual c++ redistributable 2005 and 2008 I get this error (Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80 ATL.type="win32" version 8 0 50727.762".publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" .processorArchitecture=" amd64" Please refer to Help and Support for more information). This only happens with 2005 and 2008 version the other versions install fine. This is preventing me from running many programs and games. So pls help me!

D

Deleted member 14196

If running the installs as administrator doesn’t work you’re going to have to do a clean install of windows because something is dreadfully wrong

Find the log file under the users temp directory and then post it here

D

Deleted member 14196

Tried that, I clean installed windows several times. How to find log file??
in the user temp directory there are lots of msi installer log files, they may be .log or .txt.

in windows explorer, in the address bar type
%temp%
then press [Enter]

you are now in the users temporary dir where logs get created.
using an editor like notpad or whatever you prefer, open the last one created and it should be it

post it here and make sure to fully update windows first--then try to install the vcredists
and install the 64 bit ones

there is still a way on how to have visual basic redistributables working even without installing them, you can unpack that vcredist .dll files into aplication folder
32bit app will need x86 redistributables
64bit app will need x64 redistributables

for extracting files from vcredist.exe, use winrar

so lets say u picked up vcredist 2008 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26368
now right click it and choose winrar -> extract to "vcredist"
open vcredist folder (where it was extracted) and inside will be vc_red.cab
right click it and choose winrar -> extract to "vc_red"
open vc_red folder
rename all .dll files to remove nosxs_ from its name
example: nosxs_msvcr90.dll -> msvcr90.dll
its about 20 dll files, once done, copy those dll files into your application where app executable is
your app should be working now

you could also put those dll files into windows system library aswell, that will make it working for multiple apps, not just one
vcredist x86 .dll files will need to go into windows\syswow64 folder
vcredist x64 .dll will need to go into windows\system32
only .dll files are needed

D

Deleted member 14196

yeah, if you have to do that then windows is BROKEN

MSI should not fail to install, something else is wrong and unpacking them and doing it manually does not reregister anything. Bad advice

once the log file is available i can analyze it with the msi log analyzer and see exactly what it complains about, THEN we can move forward.

i make installers for a living, so I know a thing or two. please stop with the bad advice. your advice will end up royally screwing his windows installation.

make sure to download from microsoft direct
Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update from Official Microsoft Download Center

after a clean install it should work but i need the installer log file to see if anything should go wrong. it will usually lead you to the answer.

my guess is you have a OLD version of 2008 and 2005, they BOTH have had updates

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, if you have to do that then windows is BROKEN

MSI should not fail to install, something else is wrong and unpacking them and doing it manually does not reregister anything. Bad advice

once the log file is available i can analyze it with the msi log analyzer and see exactly what it complains about, THEN we can move forward.

i make installers for a living, so I know a thing or two. please stop with the bad advice. your advice will end up royally screwing his windows installation.
im not quite sure how does that breaks windows in any way?
same way you can add directx9 into windows95 and it will work
its just api library

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Generally when I run into issues with C++ redistributables I manually uninstall all of them, then get the latest in 32 bit and 64 bit for each revision. 2003, 2005, 2008. 2010, etc. direct from Microsoft.

Version conflicts and failed merges are the bane of software installations. I can't tell you how many times we ran into programs that couldn't co-exist on client systems because of the need for extremely specific C++ redistributables.

D

Deleted member 14196

thats fine, but we should not go there yet and if we do, it needs to be in specific and real basic instructions. the OP didn't know how to get to the %temp% dir so I want to keep it super simple and orderly.

also, there are many times when installing our software on test and customer systems the the vcredists indicate a reboot is necessary, so unless you know which DLLS to register and in what order, your method may not work in all cases.

I would have to test it out in my VMs to find out. I can run a system tracer before and after the launch. there is usually a LOT of registry action going on in a Visual C++ Redistributable.

What I have suggested has worked on all our support issues so far, we look at the logs and figure it out. In one case the C: drive needed to be fixed up with chkdsk /f because the HDD was hosed up on some old server they had... lol.

MSI logs are WONDERFUL because they tell us everything they are doing. I love it.

thats fine, but we should not go there yet and if we do, it needs to be in specific and real basic instructions. the OP didn't know how to get to the %temp% dir so I want to keep it super simple and orderly.

also, there are many times when installing our software on test and customer systems the the vcredists indicate a reboot is necessary, so unless you know which DLLS to register and in what order, your method may not work in all cases.

I would have to test it out in my VMs to find out. I can run a system tracer before and after the launch. there is usually a LOT of registry action going on in a Visual C++ Redistributable.

What I have suggested has worked on all our support issues so far, we look at the logs and figure it out. In one case the C: drive needed to be fixed up with chkdsk /f because the HDD was hosed up on some old server they had... lol.

MSI logs are WONDERFUL because they tell us everything they are doing. I love it.
right, well vcredist isnt msi by itself, but it runs one, so you can define where log output will be

vcredist_x86 /L c:\install.txt
vcredist_x64 /L c:\install2.txt

D

Deleted member 14196

that should do it if OP does that and can link the file here. would be interesting.

right, the setup.exe or vc*.exe is like the wrapper so to speak. I make these as well, based of MSI database project.

Feb 7, 2022
in the user temp directory there are lots of msi installer log files, they may be .log or .txt.

in windows explorer, in the address bar type
%temp%
then press [Enter]

you are now in the users temporary dir where logs get created.
using an editor like notpad or whatever you prefer, open the last one created and it should be it

post it here and make sure to fully update windows first--then try to install the vcredists
and install the 64 bit ones
I got the files but how to upload .txt file in here??

Feb 7, 2022
Generally when I run into issues with C++ redistributables I manually uninstall all of them, then get the latest in 32 bit and 64 bit for each revision. 2003, 2005, 2008. 2010, etc. direct from Microsoft.

Version conflicts and failed merges are the bane of software installations. I can't tell you how many times we ran into programs that couldn't co-exist on client systems because of the need for extremely specific C++ redistributables.
Tried reinstalling all of them like a million times

I got the files but how to upload .txt file in here??
google drive, microsoft onedrive and such to share file...or...since its text file...open it with notepad, press CTRL+A to select all text and open pastebin, click on empty space under new paste and press ctrl+v or rightmouse click to paste text there, then at bottom click "create new paste", once done, click on web browser adress bar and copy url and post it here

Feb 7, 2022
These are the x64 .exe
dd_vcredistMSI4D9D - <Direct download removed by moderator>
dd_vcredistUI4D9D - <Direct download removed by moderator>

<Moderator Warning: Do NOT post direct download links in these forums>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.