ERROR CODE: 0x80070570

Jul 22, 2018
Since I’ve been getting frustrated with Linux I’ve decided to install Windows 10 ISO to a USB drive and use a tool called WoeUSB to mount the iso. Once I booted into my USB the Windows installation started, I deleted all my partitions as I thought it would be much simpler to start fresh (Stupid, I know). Then half way through the installation I get this error.. “Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

I am sure the ISO didn’t mount properly and I am unable to do anything because I have no other computers to install another ISO. Please help!

Solution

All fixed. Thanks so much for your help, I managed to dig out an old CD-ROM and install it into my SATA port where the ssd is and found an old windows 7 disk, will install windows onto my hard drive then plug ssd back in

Colif

Win 11 Master
Both the most common causes of this error need a new USB and a way to create the files on them. You may need to get someone else to make them for you?

check ram with memtest86, one memory stiick at a time, up to 8 passes, any error count above 0 is too high, remove/replace sticks with errors.It uses a bootable USB so can be run without windows.

that error can also be caused by the USB itself. I would suggest trying with another one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Error code 0x80070570 Reported solutions that have worked for Windows install are:

1. (Most common) Disconnect all USB devices except for mouse and keyboard-then install.

2. (Second most common) Test your RAM sticks -a bad RAM stick will cause corruption when expanding files.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install-insiderplat_pc/getting-error-code-0x80070570-when-installing/6c3d952f-0f00-40d6-93d2-dbde92d6dbc1

Try removing 1 ram stick and see if that makes any difference, keep swapping ram out to see if it makes any difference. If its just the ram, swapping sticks out might fix it.

One possible solution is to run chkdsk on the hdd and see if it is the cause.
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type chkdsk /f c:\ and press enter

this just checks hdd and corrects errors.
If you had access to another PC I would also suggesty running chkdsk on the USB as well as it might fix it.

Jul 22, 2018
Also now getting an error saying “Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation.” Getting a multitude of errors now that I’m sure you wouldn’t be able to help with, I’ll try look elsewhere thanks for your help though much appreciated

Colif

Win 11 Master
What were the other errors you were getting?

I’ve gotten hold of a friends computer and reinstall the ISO onto the USB and ran the installer on my pc, I got to 78% (longer than last one) and got the error again. Any idea why?

I did mention this error has no one cause

sometimes you just need to format drive before it will let you install onto them -

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
1. Type Diskpart, press Enter
2. Type List Disk , press Enter
3. Type Select Disk # (where # is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter
4. Type Clean, press Enter
5. Type Convert MBR, press Enter
6. Type Exit, press Enter.

if you have more than 1 hdd in pc, unplug the others

unplug any unnecessary devices from PC while you install win 10 (USB or internal cards)

Try detaching PC from internet while installing

My solution on the Errorcode: 0x80070570 during a Clean install was: pulled out the powercord en wait few minutes and turn the power on, plugged the USB media in a different USB 3 port and the installation went smooth.

All of these solutions are from here: https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/13475-failed-during-clean-install-error-code-0x8007025d.html

Jul 22, 2018

Sorry for being so vague, I’ve ran a chkdsk on the USB and everything seems fine. But when I run a chkdsk in my C: drive I get an error saying something like Status 50, I’ve tried to format the drive and I’ve also deleted all partitions ( the reason I’m stuck in this mess).

Jul 22, 2018

All fixed. Thanks so much for your help, I managed to dig out an old CD-ROM and install it into my SATA port where the ssd is and found an old windows 7 disk, will install windows onto my hard drive then plug ssd back in

Solution