[SOLVED] ERROR CODE 0XC0000428

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Hi
New to pc building but I like to learn new things so built my self a pc got it up and running yesterday working fine then I stupidly went into bios and was just wanting to look at setting and clicked easy install drivers (was meant to just get the info should of used arrow keys not the mouse) any it set off and I panicked and hit the reset button. Now it wont boot up I've tried everything from what I can find on the internet this includes trying to bott from usb what has windows on from microsoft website but it just goes straight to the blue screen with that error message any help have I completely ruined my pc the same day as setting it up?

Also if I boot it up with no hdd or ssd in it still take me to that message

I'm such a idiot

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Ok will try that I did remove it for a couple of second does it need to be out for a certain amount of time for it to reset I have a second desktop which I have put the ssd in and do a fresh install and worked fine just when I put it in my new build I get this error if that helps

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Thanks so much I thought I had frazzled the mb or something like 2 hours after I had finished building it haha but it worked booted up fine straight to my ssd which I installed windows on my other pc fire straight up thanks so much do you have any ideas what I had actually done or what it had done to get the error

Thanks so much I thought I had frazzled the mb or something like 2 hours after I had finished building it haha but it worked booted up fine straight to my ssd which I installed windows on my other pc fire straight up thanks so much do you have any ideas what I had actually done or what it had done to get the error
Glad it worked.
I think you hitting the reset button when you did probably caused it.
If the BIOS is busy....which it probably was....and you cut power....it can get all jumbled up.
Sometimes....you can't get it back.....so a good rule is....don't cut power or hit reset while your PC is busy doing anything.

Another thing you might want to watch out for...

If you installed Windows to the SSD on another PC....you might run into issues where the software (Windows) conflicts with the hardware.

Although....this might not happen if the systems are similar enough.

Just something to keep in mind.

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Yea well when I originally booted it up for the first time I deleted everything as I've put a old hdd in which had a windows install on so I got to the custom install bit and just deleted everything in the box till there was just my hdd and ssd in there with full capacity and selected my ssd for it to install windows onto there is that correct ?

I'm confused by this^^^

Regardless...this is what you said>>>

" I have a second desktop which I have put the ssd in and do a fresh install and worked fine just when I put it in my new build "

All I'm saying is....you can run into trouble doing this....but also....I've seen people do this with no problems.

Being I don't want to run into problems....I don't do this.

I do a clean install.

I hope that answers your question.

I don't really recall what the custom install bit is about...it's been a while since I did a clean install.