[SOLVED] Error irql_not_less_or_equal and system service exception, please help!

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
Hey guys I really need help, when I am gaming Battlefront II or three kingdoms, my pc makes a weird sound and a blue screen pops up, claiming its and error and will restart, the name of error mostly is "rql_not_less_or_equal" and sometimes "system service exception" Also its really strange since my games are glitching and kicking me out of the games. I dont know what it could be tbh.

My system is Amd ryzen 2600x, gpu gtx 1060 ftw 6b, board aorus, and I believe its a Power supply Unit of just 550w.

Maybe could be overheating to? since I remember removing the glass and it worked better, I have the therlmatake versa h23 and has the power supply from it.

Please help and I believe its when I game that the problems occurs.

Thank you very much in advance.

Solution
I hate non obvious results.

Bios update could help
You are on version F4, there are... 10 bios updates since yours. you don't need to get all of them, just 2.
You have to install F32 before any other BIOS updates
You can then jump right to top one but you may have to run this tool - EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU - Now if you never intend to run 4 sticks of ram or buy a new CPU, you can skip that step. The tool itself is included in the bios package
top lvl bios is F60f

so
  1. update your Chipset drivers before starting - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-chipset
  2. Update to F32 -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: jimenezbcg

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
Thank you very much for your answer and help, I just configured my system to save memory dumps 256ks, however I was downloading a software on how to read the dumps so I can copy when I have them and I saw I had memory dumps already, I believe I can copy them here directly from that software called "bluescreenview" since not allowing me to post my comment with links.
Ok here it is the first IRQL issue at 8 pm.
Dump file: 012521-6140-01.dmp
Crash time:25/01/2021 8:06:20 p. m.
Bug check string: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check code: 0x0000000a
Parameter 1: 0000000000000000 Parameter2: 0000000000000002
Parameter3: 0000000000000001 Parameter4: fffff80660077e86
Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by adress: ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780
File description:
Product name:
Company:
File version:
Processor: X64
Crash adress: ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780
Stack Adress 1:
Stack Adress 2:
Stack Adress 3:
Computer name:
Full path: C:\Windows\Minidump\012521-6140-01.dmp
Processors count: 12
Major version: 15
Minor version: 19041
Dump file size: 1.604.260
Dump file time: 25/01/2021 8:07:04 p. m.
It also shows the Other Error I told you about, "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION".

Dump file: 012521-6250-01.dmp
Crash time: 25/01/2021 7:44:32 p. m.
Bug check string: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check code: 0x0000003b
Parameter 1: 00000000c0000005 Parameter2: fffff8025310505e
Parameter3: ffff9709bab7fde0 Parameter4: 0000000000000000
File description:
Product name:
Company:
File version:
Processor: X64
Crash adress:ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780
Stack Adress 1:
Stack Adress 2:
Stack Adress 3:
Computer name:
Full path: C:\Windows\Minidump\012521-6140-01.dmp
Processors count: 12
Major version: 15
Minor version: 19041
Dump file size: 2.597.340
Dump file time: 25/01/2021 7:45:14 p. m.
I have like 5 errors in total and all have the same

Only a different one but just one saying K system or something.
Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
who crashed always blames ntoskrnl
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
who crashed always blames ntoskrnl
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
OK I believe I got it, I think I have done it correctly, thank you for your patience and help.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmLpmQlq23-faqUce-LdZecmGLQ?e=PMwdGt

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/taxyf4os/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012521-6828-01.dmp (Jan 25 2021 - 16:57:45)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Three_Kingdoms.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:012521-6437-01.dmp (Jan 25 2021 - 17:42:29)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File information:012521-6250-01.dmp (Jan 25 2021 - 19:44:32)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Origin.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 59 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File information:012521-6156-01.dmp (Jan 25 2021 - 17:43:43)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File information:012521-6140-01.dmp (Jan 25 2021 - 20:06:20)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed. Sometimes this works, sometimes it causes BSODs.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x#kf
If I have the correct revision of your motherboard (1.x?) then there are BIOS updates available for your system. Some have special update instructions which should be followed carefully. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
Hehe you got the right board that is exactly my board, thank you very much, on an update I removed the glass from the case thinking it might have been overheat and well so far so good. I believe my case is <Mod Edit> and not good to let it cool. thank you so much for the help and patience with me hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I hate non obvious results.

Bios update could help
You are on version F4, there are... 10 bios updates since yours. you don't need to get all of them, just 2.
You have to install F32 before any other BIOS updates
You can then jump right to top one but you may have to run this tool - EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU - Now if you never intend to run 4 sticks of ram or buy a new CPU, you can skip that step. The tool itself is included in the bios package
top lvl bios is F60f

so
  1. update your Chipset drivers before starting - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-chipset
  2. Update to F32 - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios
  3. Run Tool if you plan on using a new CPU with 4 sticks of ram (tool is in zip file bios comes in)
  4. Update to G60f
this shows how to update BIOS - https://www.gigabyte.com/FileUpload/Global/MicroSite/121/flashbios_qflash.pdf

if you update BIOS, update your Chipset drivers as well as bottom 2 BSOD look like they could be fixed with a bios update. And you need to update them 1st before starting as they all say it under them.

Solution

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
Hello sorry for not answering faster, but guess what, my pc then got in a loop, and gave me a bluescreen and the error. (Driver Verifier Detected Violation) and couldnt even get in for more than 10 seconds cuz boom gone, I was gaming and in middle of a discord call and my voice failed and then that error popped, showing over and over also my windows was glitchy. So had to reinstall windows and deleted everything, now its working but its soo damn weird. and it happens when Im on discord sometimes they start hearing me far and it glitches.
Gonna try the Bios, thank you so much

Colif

Win 11 Master
its your question, you reply when you can. I don't sit around waiting for replies, many of the questions I answer never get replies.

Driver verifier boot loops are such a pain. if you had asked me, i could have found a way into windows to stop verifier but your answer is one that works, start again and hope you don't get same problems again.

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
Thank you very much for replying.
And yes I wanted your help with the driver verifier problem, but the problem was that as soon as windows opened I had like 10 seconds because after 10 seconds the bluescreen would trigger yet again, it ws terribly frustrating. Thank you so much for your reply and patience

TRENDING THREADS