Question Error message A2 one ROG STRIX X299-E

Aug 12, 2024
Hello everyone,

I tried to change my SSD lately but since then I have the error code A2. I've been looking a lot and I know this code is related to the SSD M2

While trying to change it unfortunatly the part where we add the screw on the left broke. I though it was just for the screw and the plate with the cooling holds on correctly, but is it possible that it serves multiple purpose.

There is 3 of this pieces in triangle for 3 screws : back left, back right and up right. It's back left that broke.

I tried another SSD. I removed totaly the SSD. I tried to start it with an SATA SSD still dosn't work.

Should I weld it ? Would it resolve the problem ?

Thanks for your help

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using your motherboard's manual;
https://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...ING/E12781_ROG_STRIX_X299-E_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
and the list of error codes on page 1-16, it says IDE detect.

You might want to clarify what the make and model of the newcomer SSD is and the rest of your storage layout. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

While trying to change it unfortunatly the part where we add the screw on the left broke. I though it was just for the screw and the plate with the cooling holds on correctly, but is it possible that it serves multiple purpose.
+
There is 3 of this pieces in triangle for 3 screws : back left, back right and up right. It's back left that broke.
You might want to pass on a picture to show us the extent of the damage.