Error Message "There is not enough space on <drive>"

Feb 6, 2019
I have a desktop I'm using as a media server so files can be played from it remotely or new ones uploaded from other networked computers. In the past few days when attempting to upload files from my laptop to the server, I've been getting the following error:

"There is not enough space on <drive>

<...> GB* is needed to copy this item. Delete or move files [sic] so you have enough space."

(*all files have been smaller than 4GB...which is a FAT32 issue not an NTFS one anyway)

The internal drive in the server is a Samsung EVO SSD 120GB. It ONLY has Windows 10 32-bit and a few basic programs. It's never used for anything else.

There are two external mirrored WD Barracuda 1TB drives running through USB 3.0 ports. They are formatted in GPT/NTFS using AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro 7.5.1. There are two partitions: a 128MB one (I assume for holding the file directory) and the remaining 929 GB on the primary partition.

Looking on the server itself, PAP and File Explorer both show ~530GB (~56%) of free space remaining.

The drive(s) and each of the primary folders are shared with full read/write ability. Quotas are disabled on the drives.

I found several corrupted files on the ext HDD, which I thought might be the cause. So I ran chkdsk /f h: and this repaired the files, allowing me to delete/move them. However, I'm still getting the error.

Files play from it, and I can copy/move files around on the ext HDD and from it to other computers. I just can't add files.

I've searched on/read every article and watched videos I can find; none of them address my problem.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks much in advance.

Feb 6, 2019

USAFRet

Titan

Since you have ALL drive analyzed in that pic, there is no way to tell what is going on, or which drive is "full".

Feb 6, 2019