Error:system_service_exception (tcpip.sys). It keeps restarting my laptop, and I can't handle it anymore. Please help.

alcatraz091

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
Hello guys, I've got a problem with my Windows 8.1 laptop. I get a lot of blue screens od deaths; System_Service_Ecxception (tcpip.sys). I have no idea what to do, and I need it for my school.

Could anyone help me out, and tell me what I should/can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Dzimo

Solution
TCPIC.SYS Is a networking Driver that allows communications on the TCP protocol.

The best bet now is to check for updates to ALL your networking drivers (check manufacturers website or run iObit Driver Booster)

Do NOT try to remove or modify the driver because this will fail you system completely.

Please run Windows in Safe Mode without Networking and run the software's and do checks using safe mode because it will crash if networking is on.

Tell me how you get on and you can PM me if you need extra help or you would like a private conversation about this matter in which i can respond with more sensitive information.

Many thanks,
Tomas

alcatraz091

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
Thanks your your reply, and sorry for the late response. I got another blue screen while typing this answer :(.

I ran WhoCrashed and it showed me this dumpfile:

On Tue 10-2-2015 07:46:34 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021015-45375-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x25D3A)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8012C663D3A, 0xFFFFD00099BAF700, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product: Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows®
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: TCP/IP-stuurprogramma
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

TCPIP.sys is a networking component. The most likely cause will be a old network driver.(either wired or wireless depending on what you are doing)
-first attempt at a fix would be to go to the laptops vendors website and install updated ethernet drivers

if you put your memory .dmp file on a cloud server with public access, I can use the windows debugger to see what driver failed.

MrTomasboy

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
TCPIC.SYS Is a networking Driver that allows communications on the TCP protocol.

The best bet now is to check for updates to ALL your networking drivers (check manufacturers website or run iObit Driver Booster)

Do NOT try to remove or modify the driver because this will fail you system completely.

Please run Windows in Safe Mode without Networking and run the software's and do checks using safe mode because it will crash if networking is on.

Tell me how you get on and you can PM me if you need extra help or you would like a private conversation about this matter in which i can respond with more sensitive information.

Many thanks,
Tomas

Solution

alcatraz091

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015

Hello Thomas, sorry for the late reply (was not home for a while).

I downloaded the program Iobit driver booster that you mentioned, and it said that I had drivers that needed to be updated. So I did that, and I got this screen (all drivers all perfect) : http://prntscr.com/64kmma.

But I still got another blue screen of death ( the same one as always ; tcpip.sys), even though I updated all my drivers =S...

Do you know what I should do now?

Thanks,

Dzmo