Question Error - the security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

works_arc

Commendable
Apr 7, 2021
Hi I have logged into this computer in the past but it has been sitting idle for a time and I now get the security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. I have tried disconnecting the ethernet cable and logging in but then I get an error message that says that the username or password is incorrect, this happens with multiple user / admin accounts. Help is appreciated.

This is what happens when a domain member PC has had its record removed from the domain controller. All you can do in this case is log into the workstation using the local Admin account, change membership to workgroup, reboot, again log in as Admin, then rejoin the domain. You may have to move the computer record on the domain controller into the correct OU afterward.

Of course this assumes that you have a domain admin level login when adding the machine back to the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.