[SOLVED] Errors that mean a network card was disabled

naviseyer

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
For the last week or so i have been receiving event IDs 22 & 27 usually twice a day
seems pretty close to SOD AND EOD . I would say in both cases its about a half hour to 45 mins of my rush of users starting the day or ending it.

When i search for the Event they are almost the same

id 27 is network connection link has been disconnected &

ID 22 media disconnect on NIC.

My first thought is its happening during the back up but the times do not correspond.

Can anyone hear shed some light on this ? There are no users with admin access not to the server or their workstation And i have not disabled ,disconnected paused or stopped the hyper v drives. I am almost sure the drives get stopped during the backup but i back up later in the evening and its complete way earlier then the earliest time .

thanks again for any and all information

Solution
What do the logs on the switch that this network device is connected to say? Simplest thing is a bad cable. Have you replace the cabling ?

naviseyer

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
IM going to check the log now and see what i find .. Thanks for the advice sometimes we forget about the simplest issue..
funny thing is we have buildings across from us and next door that were knocked down to make new apartments. So we have been dealing with a rodent issue.. I had to replace a few cables going to workstation because they got chewed on. But i didnt think about the cabling being able to cause a disable i figured to disable the NIC i would have to do it or something is wrong...thanks for the advice i will psot again either way...