Question Errors while trying to add a printer

antonio8909

Prominent
Sep 5, 2021
Hello,

I'm trying to add a printer into a PC with Windows 7 Professional that it's only connected to a enterprise intranet and I'm unable to do so. When I try to click "Add printer" the following error shows up:
710e1998-0c8b-4f06-b099-01c6720e3b8e

When I go to Services, Spooler is always turned off even if it's set to run Automatically. Even if I start the service manually, the same pop-up shows up.

These are the steps that I'd take so far:
  1. Delete all the pending jobs in %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers
  2. Run sfc /scannow (It reported that there were corrupted files but it was able to fix it)
  3. Add the printer by sharing it using another PC. With this option, another error shows up:
hqdefault.jpg

I won't be able to format this PC anytime soon, nor can I connect it to get the latest updates since it's only used on an intranet. Therefore, I'm doing my best to fix it while keeping the same version of Windows.

The printer is an HP LaserJet Pro M127FN. I'd try installing the drivers from HP's CD, but, again... another error. The error says: A fatal error ocurred preventing product use. Click Cancel to cancel install

Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
When you change the spooler service to start automatically are you sure that the change is being saved?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events relating to the spooler: enabled, disabled, errors, etc..

Noted "sfc /scannow" was used.

Also try the built in Windows troubleshooters and "dism".