Question ES3460 connect to hotspot?

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
I have managed to connect this printer to our WiFi router and printed from my phone to the printer. But the printer's owner has no PC or router and wants to use the printer on her phone's hotspot. But if I try to connect to _my_ phone's hotspot, I am told that I have to connect the phone to the Wif network, which I can't because I have to turn that off to get a hotspot on the phone.
Can anybody advise, please?
Thanks in advance
Nick

I have managed to connect this printer to our WiFi router and printed from my phone to the printer. But the printer's owner has no PC or router and wants to use the printer on her phone's hotspot. But if I try to connect to _my_ phone's hotspot, I am told that I have to connect the phone to the Wif network, which I can't because I have to turn that off to get a hotspot on the phone.
Can anybody advise, please?
Thanks in advance
Nick
Saddly the way that the wifi printers work both devices have to be connected to the same wifi for it to read what you want to print. In other worlds if you are wanting to using hotspot for the printer not pay for a actual internet plan you will need to get a Verizon,tmobile,AT&T, and or something like this Hotspot tag and connect both the devices to it

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
OK. Thanks. That sounds weird. I assumed the hotspot _was_Wifi. ........ Plink! But of course when the phone is a hotspot, it's not connected to itself???

Do I really need another plan? I can use our present Wifi when there is no internet, if I just want to work on the network within the home. That would be the plan where this trying to happen. Write or download documents using the phone's plan, then send them to the printer.

OK. Thanks. That sounds weird. I assumed the hotspot _was_Wifi. ........ Plink! But of course when the phone is a hotspot, it's not connected to itself???

Do I really need another plan? I can use our present Wifi when there is no internet, if I just want to work on the network within the home. That would be the plan where this trying to happen. Write or download documents using the phone's plan, then send them to the printer.
If you have two phones with hotspot you might be able to trick the printer and connect one phone to the other phones hotspot and connect the printer to the same hotspot from the secondary phone. Then print from the main device that has the documents you need to print