[SOLVED] ESET online scanner error 101

FrenchyfromPA

Reputable
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,

I'm have for a while some issues with my HP laptop Windows 10 and I wanted to run ESET online scanner, I did in the past and was able to resolve some malware problems on my computer but I can't run it anymore now because it gets stuck with the message "Unexpected error 101". About some problems I have my computer, there's one with the cursor that changes to a hand on some websites and each time I want to click somewhere on these sites or type anything a second page try to load and close right away and it keeps doing that, it's only after a few times that the cursor changes and that I'm able to click on some information on the site or type anything.

Thanks for you help.

Serge

Solution
Hello

If ESET isn't running correctly, can you please try using an alternate scanner and see if that helps?

It would be good if you go for any offline anti-malware tool such as Malwarebytes, etc.

About the freezing issue, apart from scanning for any viruses or malware, you can also check for graphics card and browser updates and install them if available.

If that doesn't help, please try running the CHKDSK C: /F /R command see if there is any issue with disk itself.

If even that fails, you can Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if there is any issue with the system files.

Good Luck!!
Hello

If ESET isn't running correctly, can you please try using an alternate scanner and see if that helps?

It would be good if you go for any offline anti-malware tool such as Malwarebytes, etc.

About the freezing issue, apart from scanning for any viruses or malware, you can also check for graphics card and browser updates and install them if available.

If that doesn't help, please try running the CHKDSK C: /F /R command see if there is any issue with disk itself.

If even that fails, you can Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if there is any issue with the system files.

Good Luck!!

Solution