Question Ethernet adapter disconnects each time I turn off my PC and turn it back on

Xercase

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
So my ethernet was working as it should until a few days ago. The issue is, however, whenever I turn off my desktop the ethernet adapter seems to not register on my PC the next time I turn it on(NETGEAR88 not found). The only way to have it reinstated is for me to manually unplug my ethernet cables and then plug them back in. This ethernet goes out the next time I restart my PC, and I have to repeat the same process. This is tedious to do each time, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or solutions. I have reset and uninstalled my network adapters several times, as well as updated windows, but none of them did much to help the issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Where are you getting the network adapter drivers - source? Are the drivers being installed manually or by some third party utility/tool?

Check Update History: look for any failed or problem updates from "a few days ago".

Likewise look in Reliability History. Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events captured just before or at the the Ethernet adapter "disappeared"?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the full results.

You should be able to copy and paste the results with no need to retype it all.

Xercase

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Where are you getting the network adapter drivers - source? Are the drivers being installed manually or by some third party utility/tool?

Check Update History: look for any failed or problem updates from "a few days ago".

Likewise look in Reliability History. Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events captured just before or at the the Ethernet adapter "disappeared"?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the full results.

You should be able to copy and paste the results with no need to retype it all.

I was able to get the issue resolved by resetting my router. Appreciate the help though, thank you.