Ethernet and code 28 a bad mix

Efaris

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Help me please,
I have just built a computer,I recently installed windows 7 professional 64 bit.i plugged in the Ethernet cable to my computer and the router the computer shows an orange light by it. But I get no connection so I check all devices and i see the code 28 message. The Ethernet controller has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. We proceeded to update the driver as it says to and it can't find any driver software to download. This computer has never even been on the Internet.

Solution
Code 28 = driver not installed.

Download network driver manually from the motherboard manufacturer's website using another computer which has internet access.

Copy the driver package to a pen drive, then connect pen drive to your new build & install driver package.

Upon successful installation of driver and (hopefully) a working internet connection, return to the motherboard manufacturer's website & get any other drivers that are needed ("Chipset" driver should generally be installed before the others).
Code 28 = driver not installed.

Download network driver manually from the motherboard manufacturer's website using another computer which has internet access.

Copy the driver package to a pen drive, then connect pen drive to your new build & install driver package.

Upon successful installation of driver and (hopefully) a working internet connection, return to the motherboard manufacturer's website & get any other drivers that are needed ("Chipset" driver should generally be installed before the others).

Solution