Question Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but shows no internet. WI-FI connects without a problem.

Feb 25, 2024
I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. However I am able to connect to the same network using internet just fine over WI-FI. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers although they were already up to date, restarting the router, restarting and updating my computer anything I could think of. The problem began out of nowhere yesterday when I shut down my computer and turned it back on a bit later, I even bought a new ethernet cable thinking it was the problem since the one I had been using is old and the clip broke a while back. But the ethernet did not work, it'll work for a few second and all of a sudden disconnect itself, but it still does show the ethernet being connected. Before yesterday the internet was working fine, or at least never encountered this specific problem. Please help! please and thank you.

It is acting like there is some kind of software issue.

Check the IPCONFIG /all.

I suspect you will see the ethernet active status. Disconnected means a hardware issue like a cable.

Do you have a IP address and does it appear to be in the correct network. Compare it to the wifi IP. Maybe the IP is set to some fixed value or there is some issue with the dhcp server not giving your pc a IP for some reason.

Feb 25, 2024

Check the IPCONFIG /all.

I suspect you will see the ethernet active status. Disconnected means a hardware issue like a cable.

Do you have a IP address and does it appear to be in the correct network. Compare it to the wifi IP. Maybe the IP is set to some fixed value or there is some issue with the dhcp server not giving your pc a IP for some reason.
Umm I don't know what that is... I don't know what to look for inside the terminal it shows a lot of things when I did ipconfig /all

Feb 25, 2024

Check the IPCONFIG /all.

I just uninstalled the ethernet driver and re-downloaded it and it worked/ lasted for around 20-30 minutes then it disappeared again

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include make and model information for modem and router (or modem router if combined)

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the full results here.

You should be able to copy and paste the full results with no need to retype everything.