Ethernet Cable SOMETIMES Not Detected On Boot

D0kter

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hello.
I am dual booting Windows 10 and Kubuntu. On Kubuntu the ethernet cable works perfectly, but on Windows it doesn't work about every second boot up. It just says that it's unplugged and that I should check is it plugged in correctly, but I know it's plugged in because this problem never occurred on Kubuntu.
I can make Windows detect it after disabling and enabling the ethernet a few times.
Usually if I restart after making it detect it, the Internet works. But if I shutdown and wait for some time, and then boot up, it may sometimes not work again.
I also installed Photoshop CS6 and then got Bonjour automatically. I uninstalled it, and checked for it in services, and it's not there, so it should be alright.
I didn't find this specific problem anywhere on the Internet, so I'm posting it here.
Thank you for the help.

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on your full systems specs. Have you tried (uninstalling and)reinstalling your Ethernet drivers when you see this issue happening?

This kind of issue has been seen on most systems with dual booting involved. There is another documented issue with both Windows 7 and 10 on one system where the Ethernet has been disabled for both OS's.

D0kter

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

I uninstalled the Ethernet driver in device manager and it appeared again when I restarted.
The specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
Graphics: 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (MSI), Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
RAM: 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 (MS-7817) (SOCKET 0)

D0kter

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

I'm sorry, what do you mean by uninstalling and deleting it from Device Manager? I uninstalled it and it automatically dissapeared by itself, so how am I supposed to delete it after uninstalling it?

Lutfij

Titan
Usually the icon is persistent and doesn't go away thus the suggestion to delete the device. It's been seen with USB headset's/mic's. How about having device manager scan for new hardware without rebooting and then reinstalling drivers?

Regardless the rest are up to date and after rebooting you reinstalled your drivers with those found on MSI's site or from Realtek's driver download site?

D0kter

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

After rebooting, the Ethernet driver appeared by itself. I didn't do anything.