Hi, I'm finding that after getting a new computer with Windows 10 installed my Ethernet connection is dropping every so often for about 10 seconds or so. Its hard to say how often it happens, but its fairly frequent and makes downloading files impossible.
- If I monitor the connection itself in the Network and Sharing Center, then it appears to stay connected for the entire time without issues.
- I've tried checking if the Ethernet connection is getting turned off by power-saving measures, both in the Power settings from Control Panel and from checking options in Device Manager. There doesn't seem to be an issue here.
- This same Ethernet connection and router worked completely fine with the old computer, and is working fine right now on my laptop. I don't think the router or cable are the issue specifically.
- After looking online, it seems like a lot of people get the same problem in relation to Windows 10, but I couldn't find a way to actually fix it.
- Just to confirm, I have reset the router, and reset the Winsock on the computer, and used the Network Troubleshooter. None of these solved the problem.