[SOLVED] ethernet connection keeps dropping after enabling wlan?

Solution
I think there might be an issue with your router's firmware. Try to update the firmware to the latest version and make sure that no unknown users are connected when you switch on the WLAN.

Ralston18

Titan
On your PC are you trying to use both the ethernet adapter and the wireless adapter at the same time?

Three should only be one adapter (either wired or wireless) enabled. Not both.

On your PC, open the Command Prompt and run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes).

Post the results.

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
On your PC are you trying to use both the ethernet adapter and the wireless adapter at the same time?

Three should only be one adapter (either wired or wireless) enabled. Not both.

On your PC, open the Command Prompt and run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes).

Post the results.
No im not using any wireless adapters, im only using one wired ethernet adapter for my pc, it's just the wifi when i turn it off the internet on my pc goes normal but when i turn the wifi on it drops

i should also mention that i tried restarting the router, i tried another ethernet cable and tried more than one lan socket.
View: https://imgur.com/a/f9BbxaT

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Overall, I am thinking that there may be an IP address conflict.

Make and model router? Make and model modem?

The router's IP address is the very commonly used 192.168.1.1 and your computer is being provided a DHCP IP address of 192.168.1.7 likewise within expectations.

What is the connection path?

Typical line diagram:

ISP ---> Modem ----ethernet cable --->[WAN]Router[LAN] --- ethernet cable ---> wired devices

and wireless> wireless devices

Edit and correct the line diagram as necessary.

Do you now have two routers?

Again from the command prompt are you able to run "tracert 8.8.8.8"

We are only interested in the first 3 or 4 lines of output.

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
Overall, I am thinking that there may be an IP address conflict.

Make and model router? Make and model modem?

The router's IP address is the very commonly used 192.168.1.1 and your computer is being provided a DHCP IP address of 192.168.1.7 likewise within expectations.

What is the connection path?

Typical line diagram:

ISP ---> Modem ----ethernet cable --->[WAN]Router[LAN] --- ethernet cable ---> wired devices

and wireless> wireless devices

Edit and correct the line diagram as necessary.

Do you now have two routers?

Again from the command prompt are you able to run "tracert 8.8.8.8"

We are only interested in the first 3 or 4 lines of output.
Router's model is ZXHN H168N V3.5

it's the same diagram i just have one ethernet cable connected to one router and that's it

i don't have two routers only one and it's ZXHN H168N V3.5

here's the trace result.

View: https://imgur.com/a/bKQ7ALQ

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
It is acting like one of the wifi devices is taking huge amounts of bandwidth. Can you tell if you have high download or upload rates. Does your router have the ability to show utilization and even better can it show it by IP address.
it can't show utilization exactly but it can show IP address, i don't think there's any devices using huge amounts of bandwidth because i banned internet access on all of them and it's still the same, although i tried a program called selfishnet to see the bandwidth but when i tried using it, it shutted down my internet i had to restart my pc.

Apr 13, 2020
techorhow.com
I think there might be an issue with your router's firmware. Try to update the firmware to the latest version and make sure that no unknown users are connected when you switch on the WLAN.

Solution